Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting Started

I figure if I make a habit of posting my (hopefully) daily page count, then my writing will pick up its pace.  I'm rather lazy by nature, so I need to use every little trick to make myself work. ^^;;  So far I've written 2 short stories: Viral r/Evolution  which is 32 pages and 11,855 words long, and an as yet untitled one involving a cat - sort of - which is 11 pages and 4,170 words long.  Tonight, however, I'm going to be taking the notes and early handwritten pages I have from my break times over the weekend and setting to work on a steam punk piece with a bit of a twist. Steam punk is always sort of Victorian, so the girls are in skirts and the boys get to have all the adventures.  Well, in my world it's the other way around . . . well, not the skirts.  I'm not putting my boys in kilts or anything (not that there's anything wrong with men in kilts!).  I don't want to give too much away until I'm done (and it is hopefully sold ^^), but I'm loving it, and my best friend (who is my harshest critic and best advisor) liked the bit I'd written (was all but forced to write) after work Sunday before last.

For now, it's time for dinner (a really yummy, and huge, salad).

See ya in the morning with my page count.  Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment