Friday, September 30, 2011

Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe

If you go to The Anime Blog and search for recipes you'll find a recipe for tonkatsu sauce, which those of us in more rural areas will find hard to come by.  This sauce has to sit for a while, so I thought I should make up a bunch so I wouldn't have to do it when it came time to make my yakisoba later.  I did a 4X recipe and it fits perfectly into a 44oz ketchup bottle I emptied out in the process of making it.  (It doesn't take that much ketchup. ^^  That bottle was nearly empty anyway.)

Here's the 4X recipe

Tonkatsu Sauce

1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup each of the following:
sugar
rice wine
rice wine vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
soy sauce
yellow mustard
1 cup ketchup

Mix it all up in a big bowl (I put the dry stuff in first, then all the thinner liquids to dissolve the sugar, then I did the mustard and ketchup, which also got broken up by the other, thinner liquids), use a funnel to pour it into a 44 oz bottle, screw the lid on tight and shake the dickens out of it.  Stick it in the fridge and you'll have all the tonkatsu sauce you should need for lots of yakisoba and any other Japanese dish that calls for it.

Thank you Rachel of The Anime Blog for all the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment